Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Kelly's Kiwi Christmas...

I can't begin to say what a special day I had yesterday in the company of 2 of my lovely flatmates and the boyfriend of one of my lovely flatmates...  One of them said the best Christmas it could have been given that we were all away from family.  I think it felt a bit like that for all of us. It was the perfect weather for a lovely Christmas day- my first "green Christmas".

We pitched in as a team to organize our two big meals of the day, a blend of kiwi and Canadian traditions.  Breakfast was pancakes, bacon and hashbrowns with Canadian maple syrup and yummy fruit.  Supper was ham with potato casserole, a bean and mushroom casserole, stuffing, and salad. 

We spent part of our afternoon on the beach, complete with Mr. Sam the dog.  Rhonda and I raced to the ocean where I had my first real big swim in the ocean- and was really surprised to see how salty it was!!  Everyone laughed, but it isn't that unusual for someone from land locked Saskatchewan.

Today is boxing day and town is busy, but yesterday all was quiet- and even McDonald's was closed.  Just how it should be on a special day...  (And NO radio ads all Christmas day either...)

Wishing all of you the best this holiday season...


__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Kelly!

Glad to hear everything still sounds like it is going great.

Wish you all the best in the new year!

Todd

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Kelly! I hope you had a wonderful celebration! Also have a great birthday, I'll be thinking about you! Love, Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Hi,Kelly,Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!We definately have a white Christmas!Glad to hear that you are doing well.Our daughter,son in law and beautiful grand daughter were here for Christmas,unfortunately they are still waiting at the air port for their delayed flight to leave ,all the while trying to entertain a sick and grumpy baby!There's a reason fifty year olds shouldn't have babies!!Our son has been very happy to be home for Christmas this year.He leaves tomorrow(weather permitting-we have a winter storm watch-remember those?)Dave and I are both well,minus some colds and flus,and old age aches and pains.We were able to go to our first Hillsdale Christmas eve service,and it was very nice.I think of you in the southern hemisphere,and hope you are having a great adventure and experience---God bless.Sherri olsen