Sunday, February 14, 2010

I love... and pumpkins

I'm a little horrified. I have a giant volunteer pumpkin plant in my backyard. It has spread out to several feet wide and probably 4 or 5 m long. It came to my attention yesterday that the little green pumpkins on there will never turn into the orange jack-o-lantern like pumpkins I was expecting they would. Apparently, they will stay green. Who would have thought!

Inspired by the Pioneer woman, I thought I'd follow her lead with an I love blog. I love:

- The sound of rain on the roof
- Thunderstorms
- The smell of lilacs
- My 2 lovely kittens
- The smell of horses
- Horses
- Reading
- Josh Groban
- Colourful sunsets
- The voices of laughter carrying over the water
- Star gazing
- Strawberry
- Vanilla
- Poutine
- Mountains
- The Life of Pi
- Red & Pink
- The smell of clothes off a line or out of the dryer
- Baby animals
- Jason Kenney
- Narnia
- The Amazing Race
- Dry Lake
- The "Snugglepuss" brand for my kitties
- Scenery photos
- Travel
- Inspirational quotations
- Pretty flowers
- Cheese
- Cookbooks (even though I hardly ever cook from them!)
- Pepperoni pizza
- Browsing through house plans
- Logic puzzles
- Eeyore (however you spell it...)
- Browsing markets
- The Christmas flowers in NZ
- Chili flakes
- The Indian Cafe
- A shower with good water pressure
- The Edmonton Oilers
- Canada
- Coming home from work and having a "no ants" in the kitchen day
- Fresh veggies out of the garden
- Tomatoes!!
- Having an afternoon nap
- Intelligence
- Mashed potatoes with gravy
- Economics
- Victorian architecture
- Dolphins appearing unexpectedly
- Calendars with pictures
- The feeling that comes when you do something you never thought you'd be capable of (e.g. finishing a half marathon, tandem sky-diving)
- Fruit smoothies
- West Edmonton Mall
- Working together with people towards a common goal
- People who live life with passion
- Continuous improvement
- Roundabouts
- Petite sized pants that don't need to be hemmed
- The crisp feel of a Saskatchewan fall day
- The feel of spring in the air in Saskatchewan
- Rome
- The middle seat on Air NZ flights (best if no one is in the window or aisle seat)
- Running with my MP3 player
- Rotweillers
- Stories with symbolism
- The Time Travellers Wife (imagination)
- Just the right type of bath robe (some hotels have had them back in my days as a travelling accountant)
- Swimming in the sea at Tahuna beach
- Being met at the airport when you come home by someone you care about
- Old friends

That's a start...

1 comment:

Sandra said...

I love your list...I may have to do this one of these days!