Monday, February 22, 2010

Of cars and cats

Say about 3 weeks ago I took my car in for a warrant of fitness (which will allow me to drive with it on the road legally for another 6 months) and service. For the tidy sum of $331 I got my warrant and so I thought a health check on my car.

Not 2 weeks later, on the way out of town towards Kaiteri the car went hot, and out poured steam. After a half hour wait and a check, there was no coolant left. We had a whole bottle of water in the car, added that, and cruised minutes back to a water tap. Another half hour wait, a fill of water, and we made it back home.

Another week or so later and it hasn't lost much coolant, so I can't figure out how it would have been checked at the service... I don't quite trust it still, though.

The kittens are growing. Jasper is starting to look less cute- more of a cat, less of a kitten. He seems to be in growth spurt phase- always hungry! His big sister Allie has been rather playful of late. But thankfully they let me sleep in this morning until 5 something. It's a little sad I consider that a sleep in these days... Hopefully as the days lengthen the kitties will decide to sleep longer too!

The garden is really on the grow. I've got a few big beautiful cucumbers and can't keep up with the tomatoes. I even have yellow beef steaks.

I went for a 15km run on the weekend. I'm not in run shape, so I think I really stretched myself. I was so concentrating on moving I didn't notice my co-worker that I passed on the sidewalk, or another one who drove by. I feel surprisingly okay today though, so that's a good sign. I'm hoping to register for a half Marathon sometime in the next while. I also went for over a half hour swim at the beach yesterday and pilates again today- so it's been a bit flurry of exercise for me this last few days.

A few of my favourite TV shows are back. I do wonder, however, why NZ shows good TV in the middle of summer. I wish they'd wait until winter when people tend to hole up in the house and stay warm. Amazing Race week 2 just finished. Greys is also a couple of weeks in. The other new favourite: the NZ Apprentice which has just started.

No comments: