Monday, February 08, 2010

Moments of excitement...

Today I went and visited a stable with Quarter Horses as a trial to determine whether I wanted to ride there. I was a horse crazy kid. I've been off horses something like 15 years. Back in my KPMG days I met an accountant who was into her horses. She told me not to stay off them as many years as she did. Hence it became time to have the goal to determine whether the childhood passion has abated. If today is any indication, it has not. It felt good. The instructor had me help her wash one of her show horses, and then she let me go for a walk around the arena on one of her horses. I was pleased to be able to ride western saddle- english is far more common here. I can't wait until my lessons officially start- tentatively scheduled in 2 weeks time.

No comments: