Monday, April 13, 2009

Troubles with internet banking.

So yes, I forgot to say when I was updating my bookkeeping I thought I should also update my Canadian bank account to record the 10 cents of interest I expect I've earned, and the much more substantial bank fees. ... But upon trying to log on, it said my password was incorrect. I haven't logged in for over 6 months. I managed to call the 1800 # since NZ is a country outside of Canada and the US that it works from. The individual on the phone indicated its an ongoing problem dating back to about January- that because I'm trying to login from a foreign IP address its blocking me out. They went through the password update portion, however it didn't work given that I'm using an overseas phone. Oh joy- so now my password has changed, and I can't get the 6 digit # that it has changed to. The kind fellow on the phone did speak to his supervisor who was livid this technical problem hasn't been corrected. He said to call back in about a week- and to know that because of me, the problem would be actioned. Isn't that nice. Luckily, it wasn't an urgent need to see my bank transactions. We'll see if its working in a week, I guess.

3 comments:

Heather said...

That's really odd because I also use CIBC, and have been online banking with them the whole time I've been here in NZ, and I've had no problems...

Two Roads said...

Strange. I definitely had no problems last time I tried to login. Maybe he meant you can't change your password when you are overseas because it looks at the IP address. Anyway, I'll try back in 5 business days, as advised.

Anonymous said...

You shouldn't have any problems accessing CIBC Online Banking or changing your password from NZ. CIBC allows both from NZ. If you know the answers to your personal verification questions, you can reset your password using the forgotten password link on CIBC's login page.