Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Further to my last post

Last post, I forgot to talk about how, when camping in Picton, I encountered a lovely fantail. It followed us for about a good 20 minutes on the Black Jack Walk, fluttering around all the time. I really like those birds! I also forgot to mention I also heard the call of the morepork for the first time that I can remember. Like the chickadee, it's call is like its name. This past weekend I had the good fortune to see dolphins when we were out fishing. They were on a hunting mission or something, rather than being playful, but they still did several very cool dives in unison as they went on their hunt. I LOVE dolphins. :)

On the work front, we get more details on the proposed restructure at work tomorrow. I'm keen to see what will happen. It is better to know that not to know.

We put the clocks back on the weekend which delighted me. I like the morning light better than the evening light, as its again light during part of the morning run. I'm behind on running this week, with it being month end at work I've been getting up at 6 to head into work instead of to head for a run.

I'm loving the heat of my waterfront apartment. It doesn't feel at all like a typical kiwi home- being double glazed and with insulation. I expect winter will be surprisingly warm by kiwi standards!

No comments: