Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Month end again... already?!

Why did the month roll around so fast?! It seems like it was just month end , and here it is again. More late nights, and deadlines. I guess I had a week off so catching up for that meant I was really busy in between- even when I'm normally less busy.

I haven't had any texts in the past several days from Mr. Random fellow. I first heard from him months ago when he text, thinking my mobile number belonged to someone else. I text back indicating he had the wrong number. He continued to text, and even phoned once. I was sure when I talked to him on the phone he realized he had the wrong number. The texts started again last week when I got a couple in several days. One came at 1:19am. Yuck!! But now I haven't had one in a few days- so here is hoping he has realized he has the wrong number.

I'm still waiting to hear more finalized new about the proposed restructure at work. Initial indications were that accountants could be impacted. I will know more in the next week or so. In the mean time, there have been a number of accounting positions advertised in Nelson. Stay tuned on what's going on with me on the work front.

I started on some new hay fever antihistamines yesterday. They are prescribed and hence are on the subsidy. Yay. It'll only $3 for 3 months supply- whereas I was paying about $15 per month over the counter for the brand I was using before.

Tax cuts kick in today in NZ. I'm supposed to be benefited by something like $18 per week. I won't complain about that. For your interest, the NZ Prime Minister makes $393,000.

Last weekend I spent Earth Hour sleeping. I was tenting in Whites Bay between Picton and Blenheim. It was dark at 8:30 when earth hour began, hence no power was used by me. Plus- camping near winter has the advantage of getting a good sleep in. It doesn't start to get light until around 7:30. I got lots of sleep that night! And it only got down to about 9 overnight. Not bad for camping in the equivalent of a NA late September! (PS- I could comment about the whole Earth Hour thing being a bit of a symbolic gesture, but not being a scientist, I won't start the argument about whether burning and manufacturing candles is more efficient than having a light on.) FYI- NZ power consumption did reduce by around 3.5% for Earth Hour.

I started going for my morning runs again after 2 weeks off while my family visited. My legs are sore, but I've managed to knock about 4 minutes off my 5 kms time. I'm really focusing on trying to extend my stride. (I say this because a fellow passed me one morning taking steps at just the same time as me, but he was blowing by me!) I am also trying to not focus on running but to let my head be in the clouds somewhere instead of focusing on each step. This is where I was 2 years ago when I did my first half. I'd actually go for a run as stress relief. After 2 months of getting back into regular jogs- I hadn't been there, until this week. Maybe the 2 weeks off actually did me good. I think I'll enter either a 10km or half marathon in Nelson in about half a month. I need to pick up the training if its to be the half! Regardless, my goal will to be to finish, not to get a good time.

Until next time...

No comments: