Monday, January 29, 2007

ANother weekend

It was a long weekend this weekend... it being Nelson Anniversary today.
 
I took a shuttle out to Blenheim (population ~20,000) a 90 minute drive to the east of Nelson.  It's a hotter part of the country- and is famous for it's wines growing in the area.  It doesn't have the sea so it lacks a bit of the charm Nelson has on that front, but there are some nice walking trails and a river running through the town.  I explored it quite a lot on foot... Again, like Nelson many of the shops are closed on the weekends.  Town was rather dead on the weekend.
 
I also had the opportunity to visit Picton, where the ferries come in.  It's much smaller than Blenheim, but I absolutely LOVED it... (Also busier- with tourists and open shops.)  Sitting at the water reminded me so much of the peaceful relaxation that I had on the last day of my holiday on horseback in beautiful Waterton Alberta... Like beautiful Tahuna beach, a place I could visit every day and never tire of.
 
Today was half marathon training day.  Like the website recommended this weekend was the big distance weekend.  It's only 2 weeks away!   I ran the distance of the half... albeit over the flat... It was in the sun.  I learned a hat may come in handy.  The last 4 kms were a little slow.  My goal is to finish the half... I really hope I can...   A lot of progress has been made over the last 4 months since I started jogging.  It's been good- but my poor feet are looking forward to a drop in the kms. :) 
 
 
 
 


All new Yahoo! Mail -
Get a sneak peak at messages with a handy reading pane.

No comments: