Saturday, July 01, 2006

My big walk

Yesterday I decided to try and the Coast to Cost Walk, a 13km walk leaving from the Harbour and through some of Auckland's sites. I ended up not talking the 13km walk, as the walk was not so well marked and I surprise, surprise, ventured off it! At any rate, I did make it up to the top of Mt Eden and all the way back in about 3 hours. Albert Park near the University is absolutely beautiful, and I really like the charm of that area of Auckland.

Alisha and I went to a veggie restaurant on K road for supper last night. (Hare Krisha vegetarian). For $5 you get a huge plate full of veggie food- and it was delicious! We then decided to take in a movie. A few slight differences- you actually pay for the movie at the concessions stand, which seems to make some sense. And- the seating was pre assigned, which again in a busy movie can make some sense as people often leave an empty seat between them and the next party. I think it might be a little harder if you were meeting someone there.

Nothing too exciting on the agenda for today. Looks like another nice blue sky day out in Auckland. I'll try and post some pics one of these days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
It's been so much fun reading about your adventures in NZ and I'm insanely jealous that you are getting to have such an amazing opportunity!!
How long are you planning on staying? The facts about NZ are great, especially the diagonal crosswalks.;-) I hope you are able to figure out the banking issue and that it settles out for you.
It's so weird to think of it being winter there right now!
I wish you the very best and will continue to read your blogs to see how things are going for you.
Take care and have a blast!
Love,
Rachel