Thursday, July 06, 2006

Nelson bound

I received a call this am and I am going to be heading to Nelson, NZ by the end of the weekend for a short 2 day work week next Monday/Tuesday, prior to starting full time the following week. It's a term position of somewhere in the neighbourhood of 2 or 3 months. I'm going to work as a contractor as opposed to as an employee.

I'll now proceed to cancel my Wellington interviews for Monday. I've continued to receive calls from my applications last Thursday- Auckland seems to be the slowest in call backs (today is one week) although there are opportunities here.

It appears you can land a non-professional job in a day or two here. The accounting ones seem to take a few days longer.

I'll have to book my flight now, and book a hostel. Finding accomodation in Nelson could be tricky... It's a smaller community (read no public transport) and will be made harder as I don't want to purchase a motor vehicle.

Off I go to do some research / booking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck in Nelson.