Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Day 2

Today was a big learning day on the job. I learned and performed/assisted with a lot of the roles I will be doing.

Discovered a lovely! little lunch place with 3 of the other work ladies. It was simply scrumptious! They sometimes swim at lunch, I'm afraid I'm not a swimmer so I don't think I'll be joining them. They pretty much indicated that here in Nelson people don't live to work.

On the shoe front, I changed away from my annoying (and expensive) Merrell blister-causing shoes... (Despite the fact I shopped for them for several months and had the assistance of mr salesman, and walked around them in Regina they are causing me grief here...) Today I switched to a nice cheap little pair of shoes from the Warehouse here. (At a cost of ~20 or 13 ish Canadian), they were walking comfort today! Also- I purchased some amazing blister applicators at the grocery last night. I thought the $10 price was outrageous- but they make a huge difference- highly recommended.

Checked out a flat tonight - the owner works at the same company and has a few other flatmates (and a CAT :) ). It's at the top of a large hill and not central. Have to decide in the next couple of days whether those are critical to my decision.

I'm going to work tomorrow- looks like I'll have the rest of the week off- so perhaps I'll try the walk up the hill and see how it goes in my decision making.

No comments: