Monday, July 17, 2006

Yesterday

Yesterday I visited the Centre of NZ... Which meant climbing yet another great hill- but totally worth it! Great views of Nelson, the mountains in the distance... Beautiful. Nelson has a lot of stuff going for it- it's not super big, the pace is slower.... (Most shops close at 5:30 all week, open only part of the day Saturday and many are closed on Sunday). There are a number of walks in the same area as the Centre- I'll plan to do most of them on the weekends.

It is my last night in the hostel tonight, for a time. In a way too bad, as I'm starting to meet some great people- but in another way- meeting them is causing a travel itch- and I need to be ready to settle down here for a couple of months. I met a fellow from Finland yesterday- and he translated my last name. I'm rooming right now with a nice girl from Belgium- we shared laundry last night, and may movie it tonight. The other night was with a UK ex pat who now lives in Auckland. It was great meeting her as well.

But tomorrow it's onto the flat, with a busy flattmate and her cat, Zepher.

No comments: