Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Weekends

I had another nice weekend. Visited the cool Nelson market on the weekend- it is much better than the Regina farmer's market in that it has many more exhibitors and much more variety... such as the fellow selling kebabs and hot seafood chowder. He is always yelling out, advertising.

I took yet another walk up to the centre of NZ. My goal is for it to become EASY! I walked around some more trails up there, which was lots more up and down. Hopefully some day it will be easy.

I haven't yet mentioned how NZ pedestrian signals don't automatically appear. We have the walk or don't walk sign. Here you have to push a button to get it to appear. It seems like it takes longer as a result, but maybe its just my imagination.

I failed at my next attempt to start a fire... Apparently I need to work on cutting kindling. I haven't mastered the ax yet. Luckily it was nice enough last night we didn't need a fire last night.

I learned on the weekend when my flatmates family was in that what they call "biscuits" we call "cookies". I also learned "tea" sometimes means "supper".

Today I booked a flight to Wellington on the weekend- as I have a burning desire to go to the LOTR exhibit before it closes. I can't take photos and it'll be a slightly expensive weekend, but it closes soon and I just don't want to miss out...

Amazing Race is on Tuesday nights here with last seasons Amazing Race.

Caught my first rugby game, albeit on TV on the weekend- vs South Africa. I quite enjoyed the pace. They don't stop the game for tv time outs either, which is wierd for those of us in North America who watch sports. Of course, the All Blacks won. Hopefully I can make it to a game live before the season is over, but time will tell.

No comments: